The Dumb Ways to Die campaign not only involved the use of social media and the Internet to gain its spread, but also employed the use of print advertising – from posters featured in train stations, through to advertising in newspapers.
The posters each featured eight of the characters:
- Numpty, "Set Fire to Your Hair"
- Hapless, "Poke a Stick at a Grizzly Bear"
- Dippy, "Use your Private Parts as Piranha Bait"
- Dummkopf, "Get your Toast Out with a Fork"
- Numskull, "Take your Helmet Off in Outer Space"
- Mishap, "Keep a Rattlesnake as a Pet"
- Dunce, "Sell Both your Kidneys on the Internet"
- Botch, "Dress Up as a Moose During Hunting Season"
Newspaper Ads Edit
In addition to the posters, the campaign also had specific advertising imagery published in the commuter papers (the mX):
- Phoney, "Jump On the Tracks to Rescue your Phone"
- Mr.Gate & Mrs.Gate, "Follow your Mate Through a Ticket Gate"
- Group One dancers, "Be Safe Around MIFF"
- Bonehead and Putz, "Rail Safety Week 2014"
- Putz, "Back to School"
- Both ads for Dumb Ways to Die 2 the Games